Parents need a guidebook to get through the cluttered landscape of youth soccer.
U.S. soccer coaches and administrators need a reality check. (OK, some of them. Maybe many.)
Single-Digit Soccer: Keeping Sanity in the Earliest Ages of the Beautiful Game is that guidebook and that reality check. It has colorful anecdotes from bumpy playing fields along with research, including interviews with top pro players and coaches, that questions the status quo and encourages families to find the best way to meet their needs in the sport.
It’s a plea for inclusion, balancing the needs of “elite” players and those who just want or need to play. It’s What to Expect When You’re Expecting for youth soccer.
And it’s fun, as soccer should be.
HOW TO GET IT
It’s available electronically at:
The paperback edition is available at Amazon or at your local bookstore if you go in and demand it.
HOW TO READ MORE ABOUT IT
Soccer Wire and Soccer America have published excerpts:
- Soccer America: Keys to picking the right club for your child
- Soccer America: When you disagree with volunteers and refs — do so politely
- Soccer Wire: Conflicts start where the fun should begin
You can also see more Single-Digit Soccer writing:
- Many of my columns at Soccer Wire deal with youth topics
- “Myths Every Soccer Parent Should Know” was published at The Huffington Post.
- See posts dating back to 2011 right here at SportsMyriad. (The most recent posts are below.)
Want to see the source material? All of the footnotes and additional sources are available online.
SPREAD THE WORD
You can also find and share press materials, both traditional and modern:
- Facebook: Like the Single-Digit Soccer page
- Press release: Available through PR Underground
- Flyer: Download this PDF and post wherever your club allows
- Video: Take a look and share …